Friday, December 30, 2011

Round Four

One things for sure, the trip from CA to India does not feel any shorter the more times I make the fight. After some extreme hurdles at LAX where my entire reservation magically disappeared from the computer system and a one hour conversation with a representative who made it very clear that it was not her mistake nor her problem, I managed to get a seat on a very crowded plane and to my surprise had an empty seat in between myself and Vicky, a very nice lady who now has India on her radar as she heads off to see her daughter in London. :)

I arrived in London on standby due to the error with my reservation and an overselling of tickets on the British Airways fight. Thankfully my travel agent had done some work for me with the airline while I was en-route and by the time I arrived at the ticketing counter I not only had a seat but I had been upgraded to economy plus. Double the legroom and a wider seat is like a first class upgrade when you’re only half way to your final destination and you just got off an 8.5 hour flight. God is so good!

I arrive in Hyderabad, make it through customs with a few questions about why I travel to India so much (I think I need to get some new stamps in that passport of mine just to throw them off my trail) and found my luggage (always a sigh of relief). Outside the airport Yasu Padam was waiting for me and after hello’s and family updates were exchanged (Indian tradition haha) we were off again. Seven and a half hours later I was home.

The ROCKHARBOR 2011-2012 short term mission team is here now and in the middle of VBS for 1,000 of my favorite little faces in the whole world. It’s going to be an amazing few weeks as the 38 of them make new memories and many experience the amazing work of Harvest India for the first time. It’s wonderful to be back… let the fourth chapter in this saga begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment